January is National Get Organized Month! When it comes to New Year’s Resolutions, getting organized is high up on people’s lists. Whether that is organizing your closets or your finances, getting organized will help set up this year for success.
Let January be dedicated to getting your financials organized. Your finances will not magically act right, you need to make them a top priority in your life.
To have financial progress for you and your family, you need to take control of your finances today! Take a thorough look at your overall financial picture and create a plan.
Maybe this plan includes:
- Getting your financial accounts organized: Organize your financial accounts by categories such as banking, debt, investments & retirement accounts.
- Paying off debt. Set up a financial goal like paying of your student loan debt, being debt free in 5 years or not adding any more debt to your finances.
- Setting up a system. Set up a system to keep your financial documents such as recent bills, account information, insurance documents, bills, wills, old tax returns, etc. in the same place.
- Creating a budget. Making a budget can help you to get your money working the way you want it to. It can help get your financials in order and see where you are spending vs. saving.
- Setting up autopay. Setting up autopay on your bills and subscriptions can help you not miss a payment.
Give us a call today to schedule an appointment to help you get your financials organized.
This is meant for educational purposes only. It should not be considered investment advice, nor does it constitute a recommendation to take a particular course of action. Please consult with a financial professional regarding your personal situation prior to making any financial related decisions. (01/21)